Pages

S/SW blog philosophy -

I credit favorite writers and public opinion makers.

A lifelong Democrat, my comments on Congress, the judiciary and the presidency are regular features.

My observations and commentary are on people and events in politics that affect the USA or the rest of the world, and stand for the interests of peace, security and justice.


Sunday, February 24, 2013

Confessions Of a Collector -2013

Image representing Twitter as depicted in Crun...
Image via CrunchBase
Since I have become a Twitter convert, I have persisted in my old habits of collecting. I gather and keep stuff over time.  I confess that  Twitter has become one of my favorite applications. I like it because it makes it very easy to scan the news, follow links to further info, and keep up with the lives of interesting people.
The organizing platform I use for Twitter is an excellent, powerful application called HootSuite. It automatically sorts the posts of those I follow into separate groups as well as separate category pages.
Having written 2680 tweets (140 character posts) so far, I confess that I am probably addicted. Tweets/updates include "re-tweets," and my own Twitter messages. 
On Twitter, I have 357 followers (people who read my tweets); I follow 550 people myself.  My "Favorites" Twitter feed incudes others' tweets I want to keep for reference or merely for rereading pleasure.


"My Twitter Lists" are available feeds for you to try out:
Below is a list of my previous posts in this "Confessions" series:
  • My computer is the perfect place to digitally collect STUFFConfessions of a Collector - Part 1,373 - 5/18/10 - To quote from my post: "I physically collect stuff: because I might need or want it some day. The bottom line is this. I don't NEED any of it. But I may WANT it. There is a big difference."
  • Examining my reasons for collecting - More Confessions of a Collector 4/25/08
    "I confess that, like most of us who are addicted to blogging, we don't need much of an excuse to celebrate. I also confess that I collect a lot of stuff to use for writing my posts. Today's post is a reprise ofthat theme.
  • Familiar TV away from home - Confessions of a C-Span Junkie - 5/3/07 - To quote: "All of you who are "clean and sober" would say to me, "for heaven's sake, get a life." But those of you who are also political or C-SPAN junkies can identify with my symptoms."
  • Handy-dandy blogging shared stuff - Collecting: new stuff - 9/8/06 was a post that focused on my favorite blogging sites, tools, new discoveries, etc. Many of these came to me as a result of another blogger's thoughtfulness.
  • True confessions - Confessions of a Collector - 2/17/06. In it I explored the motivations behind the collecting bug, as well as the "why" (for me) of some of my own favorite collected headlines. 
    Enhanced by Zemanta






  • No comments: