The organizing platform I use for Twitter is an excellent, powerful application called HootSuite. It automatically sorts the posts of those I follow into separate groups as well as separate category pages.
Having written 2680 tweets (140 character posts) so far, I confess that I am probably addicted. Tweets/updates include "re-tweets," and my own Twitter messages.
On Twitter, I have 357 followers (people who read my tweets); I follow 550 people myself. My "Favorites" Twitter feed incudes others' tweets I want to keep for reference or merely for rereading pleasure.
"My Twitter Lists" are available feeds for you to try out:
- Newspapers and Magazines - First rate news sources make it easy to stay on top of most important happenings.
- Newsletters & TV Stations - Digital and Non Print-Media sources of news
- Media Darlings - My favorites on TV or Pop Media
- Reporters and writers - Well known writers & reporters; all smart, often funny
- Bloggers and blogs - Writers and websites that do not fit into my other news categories
- Earth & Space Folks - Maintain awareness of environmental & space news from committed people, organizations.
- Officials-government - Elected officials and government websites to follow
- Civil Libs & Activists - Trying to make the world a better place
- Good Causes - A way to follow good deeds in a troubled world
- Mental Health - Professionals and organizations working in the field of mental health
"I confess that, like most of us who are addicted to blogging, we don't need much of an excuse to celebrate. I also confess that I collect a lot of stuff to use for writing my posts. Today's post is a reprise ofthat theme.