Pages

S/SW blog philosophy -

I credit favorite writers and public opinion makers.

A lifelong Democrat, my comments on Congress, the judiciary and the presidency are regular features.

My observations and commentary are on people and events in politics that affect the USA or the rest of the world, and stand for the interests of peace, security and justice.


Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Confessions of a collector - part 1,373

There is a phenomena called synchronicity. It means that sometimes things come together as if by magic. Today's amplification is a perfect illustration. Yesterday I posted a tweet that said, "I am not sure why I am so habituated to HootSuite as my daily news resource. Am I now shallow? Is WHAT is news enuf? Don't I need WHY too?" This morning I read the Newsweek article, clipped below. To explain, my own laptop dilemma is worse because I am a bit of a collector. My computer is the perfect place to digitally collect STUFF. Thus getting rid of stuff is a daily task. But along the way I inevitably collect more stuff for exactly the same reason as I physically collect stuff: because I might need or want it some day. The bottom line is this. I don't NEED any of it. But I may WANT it. There is a big difference. So I must tell myself, just let go of it. Easier said than done, huh? http://amplify.com/u/625n

Posted via web from Southwest Postings

No comments: