Pages

S/SW blog philosophy -

I credit favorite writers and public opinion makers.

A lifelong Democrat, my comments on Congress, the judiciary and the presidency are regular features.

My observations and commentary are on people and events in politics that affect the USA or the rest of the world, and stand for the interests of peace, security and justice.


Tuesday, May 16, 2006

From afar

Travel notes -
This is not yet "tourist season." So getting to one's destination may be easier that when school lets out. By plane or car we are making our way around old and new "stomping grounds." We are in a different time zone, and I am again as "discombobulated" as if I were changing from Daylight saving time. But it gets better every day. This is my very first "remote" post.

After being gone for a year, coming back is a real eye-opener. These western states are booming with activity, building, infrastructure improvement, and general change. Jobs are going begging for lack of workers.

And it is all about energy! Western states are abundant sources of energy for our hungry economy. The winners are coal, gas and oil. For the most part, the environment is faring fairly well as this state's regulations are rather stringent.

The air is so clean the I can hardly believe my nose. I had forgotten how very blue sky can be. I relish the crispness of the mornings and the coolness of the nights. The season is a full six weeks behind my Southwest location.

Personally it is about family for me. We have had wonderful reunions, a full fledged Mothers Day celebration, great food, many stories and good natured teasing and laughing out loud. The pace is so relaxed that I may adopt it permanently. I look forward to feeling better each few days, and that is happening as time goes along.

Thanks to you, my readers, for stopping by. I am reading my favorite blogs also, here from the local library. For now, Adieu . . .

No comments: