There are recent news stories regarding the BP Deepwater Horizon Gulf oil spill. They follow, along with further references.
Gulf Oil Spill? What Gulf Oil Spill? From Mother Jones , by Kate Sheppard, Nov. 9, 2011. Tweet: "Feds leave Gulf spill out of economic impact analysis for new offshore drilling plan: http://t.co/KY1Ihv3Q . Also, recent RT @thegoodhuman Government officials have decided to let BP end its cleanup efforts http://t.co/bewwpBHT
Disc Spins Its Way to $1-Million Oil Spill Cleanup Prize -- Is there a better way to clean up the next oil spill disaster? FromScientific American , David Biello reports October 16, 2011.
U.S. blames BP for Gulf spill : from Reuters , by Ayesha Rascoe and Anna Driver Sep 14, 2011. - The United States heaped the lion's share of blame for the country's biggest ever offshore oil spill on BP on Wednesday as the government issued its final assessment of last year's Gulf disaster.
Here is a list of my South by Southwest blog posts written when the story was happening last year:
- More on the Gulf Oil Spill - 7/29/10
- On living near the Gulf - 6/27/10
- Skimming reactions to the Oval Office Speech yields little lubrication for Presidential ego. - 6/16/10
- Updating the energy lexicon - 6/15/10
- Presidential field trip full of potential - 6/14/10
- Above and Below - Worlds Far Apart? - 5/21/10
- Contra catastrophe - 5/19/10
Deepwater Oil Spill - McClatchy Newspapers
Deepwater stories, etc. - Huffington Post
Deepwater Horizon oil spill - Wikipedia