Pages

S/SW blog philosophy -

I credit favorite writers and public opinion makers.

A lifelong Democrat, my comments on Congress, the judiciary and the presidency are regular features.

My observations and commentary are on people and events in politics that affect the USA or the rest of the world, and stand for the interests of peace, security and justice.


Thursday, January 28, 2010

Text of Obama State of the Union speech: 1/27/10. Opening remarks

Like many other Democrats, I was more than pleased with President Obama's assessment of the state of the union. My reasons: minimum high rhetoric, limited ambitions, occasionally even handed between political parties, call to the better angels in Republicans, took on the recent controversial Supreme Court decision, focused on jobs, but did not walk away from health care reform. He showed sensitivity and leadership when it was of paramount importance. http://amplify.com/u/1m7j

Posted via web from Southwest Postings

No comments: