Pages

S/SW blog philosophy -

I credit favorite writers and public opinion makers.

A lifelong Democrat, my comments on Congress, the judiciary and the presidency are regular features.

My observations and commentary are on people and events in politics that affect the USA or the rest of the world, and stand for the interests of peace, security and justice.


Friday, January 29, 2010

RIP-reclusive & iconoclastic author JD Salinger. Slate Mag. has links to good articles from their archives.

Those of us who are readers probably remember at what age we first read Salinger's "Catcher In the Rye." It we were really young we might have felt a tinge of guilt at the time. I am an unabashed admirer of his writing and of his rebellion. He was much more of a rebel than I could ever manage, so I enjoyed him vicariously. I am sorry he was alone so much, but I understand that it was his rightful choice to be so. I feel very sure that the news that comes out after his death will be interesting in its own way. http://amplify.com/u/1mu3

Posted via web from Southwest Postings

No comments: