Pages

S/SW blog philosophy -

I credit favorite writers and public opinion makers.

A lifelong Democrat, my comments on Congress, the judiciary and the presidency are regular features.

My observations and commentary are on people and events in politics that affect the USA or the rest of the world, and stand for the interests of peace, security and justice.


Friday, June 05, 2009

South by Southwest returns








South by Southwest
is no longer blocked, thank goodness. So sorry for all the trouble this has caused my regular readers.

Thinking this site would perhaps never come back on line, I imported all the S/SW posts to a Wordpress website I am calling Southwest Progressive. I will continue to make S/SW my main political blog, and the new one will focus primarily on the news, politics, etc. of the Southwest. Southwest Progressive themes for days of the week will be similar in some ways to the ones I have long used:
  • Mondays - Space
  • Tuesdays - State & local govt
  • Wednesdays - Leadership
  • Thursdays - Military
  • Fridays - Texas news
  • Saturdays - Creativity
  • Sundays - Rule of law
Behind the Links will continue to be a round-up of links related to the main posts on all of my regular websites, including S/SW, Southwest Progressive and Making Good Mondays. And I will cross-post these originals to one of the web communities to which I belong:
  • The Reaction -- "Liberalism unbound. A blog on politics, philosophy, science, and the arts -- featuring news, commentary, and analysis by Michael J.W. Stickings and the Reaction team."

  • Talking Points Memo - Cafe -- "Politics, ideas and lots of caffeine" (Josh Marshall's blog).

  • RedGage -- "RedGage gives you the power to share your blogs, pictures, videos, documents, and links all in one convenient place. But, the most exciting part is...RedGage is a website that pays you for the content you create."

  • The Sirens Chronicles -- "Our Manifesto: Proudly intolerant politics, culture critiques, manners, morals & random thoughts served with hot chicken soup . . ." My friend, Dusty is the editor.
If it seems as if I am writing all over the Internet, I am. There are several reasons. Blogs have gotten more specialized in order to reach more niche readers. I am a news junkie and like to write about disparate things. And I particularly like the associations with co-bloggers at the various website communities in which I participate. And, not incidentally, it is a way to be read more widely.

[post date - June 5, 2009]

See also Behind the Links, for further info on this subject.

Carol Gee - Online Universe is the all-in-one home page for all my websites.

Technorati tags:

No comments: