- Politico.com: "Contrasting Views of Cheney*" (12/22/08)
- TruthDig: "Cheney's Legacy of Deception*" (12/23/08)
- BuzzFlash: "Dick Cheney: Evil Loves a Vacuum*" (1/6/09)
- Buzz Flash: "Cheney: A VP With Unprecedented Power*" (1/16/09)
- Think Progress: "Cheney: No One Could Have Predicted The Financial Crisis, Just As No One Foresaw 9/11#" (January 10, 2009). From Jon, "It is my fervent hope to see this evil man in prison for the rest of his worthless life!"
- Think Progress: "Cheney: It's Just An 'Urban Legend' That I 'Exceeded My Authority' As Vice President#" (1/7/09). Comments: 1) From betmo (1/7/09): Who's he trying to fool*? 2) From Dave (1/7/09): Hard to imagine there are still millions of kool-aid drinkers out there lapping up the lies...But they ARE there, and they are not going away, and they are not going to shut up. 3) From Dusty (1/7/09): Good one Dave, I concur.
- And so we will never shut up either.
Amazingly! -- AfterDowningStreet: "Cheney hints at pardon for President Bush*" (1/14/09). To quote:
Did you know this? The Washington Note: "Cheney Reads 'Angler' " (1/10/09). To quote:
Dick Cheney seemingly is one of those that wants to move on as he unexpectedly raised, and drew parallels with, President Ford's pardon of former President Nixon this week, hinting that similar treatment should be afforded President Bush.
On Monday the vice president was asked about some of the issues that have given rise to some of the major concerns, on Sean Hannity's Radio program.
. . . [Cheney], "And at the time a lot of people were outraged about that decision," said Cheney. "But, in fact, thirty years later we look back on it, and nearly everybody has come around to the point of view that it was exactly the right thing to do. It was a courageous thing to do, because he knew it might well cost him the next election in '76, but he went ahead and did it anyway because he thought it was right for the country."
"And I think there are parallels there in terms of George Bush," said the vice president.
This just in from a TWN regular reader who had a White House tour:Betmo's closing links -- Cheney Lies About Conservation*" (10/4/08):Steve, you'll love this. Just took a tour of the West Wing. One of the pictures outside the Situation Room (apparently they change them frequently) is of Cheney with "Angler" open on his desk.
In conclusion -- I say, Good-bye, Happy hunting, Good riddance, Get well soon, Hope you enjoy retirement, Thanks for nothing.
Hat Tip Key: Regular contributors of links to leads are "betmo*" and Jon#.My “creativity and dreaming” post today is at Making Good Mondays.