Pages

S/SW blog philosophy -

I credit favorite writers and public opinion makers.

A lifelong Democrat, my comments on Congress, the judiciary and the presidency are regular features.

My observations and commentary are on people and events in politics that affect the USA or the rest of the world, and stand for the interests of peace, security and justice.


Monday, January 19, 2009

Bush Legacy Polishing

Monday, January 19, is our current president (OCP)'s last full day in office. So I get to do another Republican Rant. After this, maybe it will be"Goodbye to all that." I have not made up my mind as to whether I want to continue to post on the themes of failures, scandals, and trials. I would be interested in your opinions as Activists about what next actions to take. What should I, as part of the blogosphere, do to join organizations and individuals? What kind of atmosphere do you think will emerge?

Here are some links to legacy stories from the past --

Jon weighs in on these stories --Telegraph: "History will show that George W Bush was right#" (1/15/09) Jon said, "I choked on my coffee reading this tripe! DO NOT read after eating. History will judge him as one of the worst presidents ever to hold office. The damage this village idiot has done to the constitution will take decades to rectify. The only saving grace would be if Obama would issue pardons for War CRIMES for Bush/Cheney. That would be a fitting conclusion for the last 8 dark years."

Think Progress: "Rove planning to name names of Bush haters in his new book#" (12/7/08) Jon says, "Oh boy! That is going to be one big book!"

Think Progress: "Rove & O'Reilly on the Economy#" -- Jon says, "This is why the fairness doctrine is sorely needed to be reinstated; however the repugs are fighting against it because their house of cards (lies) will come tumbling down."

These stories offer a bit more info for those still interested --

Buzz Flash: "Bush's Only Gift To America" (1/17/09) To quote:

George W. Bush’s gift to the American Republic may be that he has discredited a host of right-wing theories and practices – “trickle-down economics”; “self-regulating markets”; “tough-guy” foreign policy; the “imperial presidency”; and the notion that “government is the problem.”

AlterNet: "Is America's Love affair with Stupidity Finally Over?*" (1/14/09) Americans' embrace of the Obamas and other intelligent public figures may be part of a much-needed cultural shift.

Yahoo! News: "Frozen Ice Balls and the Bush Legacy#" (1/9/09) The conclusion:

Bush has left the country weaker economically and in a more dangerous unsettled world than the one he found. He has also left the country in more peril. . . and other environmental threats than it was eight years ago. These are far from short term issues which will go away in a few decades. Unfortunately for Bush, history will judge him and, future frozen ice balls notwithstanding, most historians won't be as forgiving as Bill Lee or Tug McGraw.

Democracy Now: "“An Unconscionable Legacy”–Veteran White House Correspondent Helen Thomas on the Bush Presidency*" Also Amy Goodman on the same subject.

I am no longer required to polish the Bush legacy. I quit I resign, I give up. I am through. It now has a full life of its own.


Hat Tip Key: Regular contributors of links to leads are "betmo*" and Jon#.

My “creativity and dreaming” post today is at Making Good Mondays.

Technorati tags: politics

2 comments:

billie said...

hope rove mentions me in his tome :) i am sure i am on a list somewhere at the nsa- or so russell tice suspects :)

Carol Gee said...

I am assuming that you saw Tice on Countdown last night. Chilling and amazing. We can have have pride if we make it to any of those lists.
Every crazy "wingnut" suspicion we have had since the warrantless wiretapping program was revealed, stands in stark relief. The first day in office. This is just not going away, thank goodness. BTW. Sheldon Whitehouse made a "barn burner" speech about the state of the state yesterday on the Senate floor. It brought tears to my eyes. Thanks for your comment, my friend. :-)