Pages

S/SW blog philosophy -

I credit favorite writers and public opinion makers.

A lifelong Democrat, my comments on Congress, the judiciary and the presidency are regular features.

My observations and commentary are on people and events in politics that affect the USA or the rest of the world, and stand for the interests of peace, security and justice.


Thursday, May 17, 2007

Going in circles in the Middle East

It would be easy to ask, "what is the point?" of United States involvement in the Middle East. Today's news from the region and in related articles reveals a series of items that give us heartburn. The situation in Gaza is getting worse, Britain's PM leaving office in defeat over his stance on the war in Iraq, and now President Bush is appointing a "war czar" to handle said war.

If I did not know this is all happening in May of 2007, I would be tempted to say, "this is where I came in," about six years ago. Our country is going around in circles in the Middle East, and Iraq and Palestine are worse off now than when Mr. Bush started his presidency.
Technorati tags:

No comments: