Pages

S/SW blog philosophy -

I credit favorite writers and public opinion makers.

A lifelong Democrat, my comments on Congress, the judiciary and the presidency are regular features.

My observations and commentary are on people and events in politics that affect the USA or the rest of the world, and stand for the interests of peace, security and justice.


Monday, April 30, 2007

Travel takes patience



To see ahead is not easy. I am sitting at a library computer, when I would like to be sitting at my own Dell notebook in a "hot spot" across the room. If I had only done some stuff before I left my familiar digs, I would not be having all this travel frustration.
The road ahead for me seems to be paved with obscurities, because I was doing magical thinking: I thought you could buy a wireless card, plug it in, find a hotspot and blog away. Little did I know that it is not nearly as simple as that.
Wireless World is just up there around the corner. I have an 800 number and a cell phone! Do you suppose they can guide me through this fog? Because I do not even know how to ask the questions. It seems I have not been able to see past the end of my nose this trip.
Thank goodness for a generous public library system that takes pity on a wretch like me, lost once again in a fog of elder ignorance. Later, folks!
Technorati tags:

No comments: