Pages

S/SW blog philosophy -

I credit favorite writers and public opinion makers.

A lifelong Democrat, my comments on Congress, the judiciary and the presidency are regular features.

My observations and commentary are on people and events in politics that affect the USA or the rest of the world, and stand for the interests of peace, security and justice.


Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Keeping Up-II






War then peace, and vice versa -
The war in Iraq (title linked above) is covered as a separate subject at my new favorite "big" blog, Alternet. The level of violence is mind-numbing.
Because I do not understand this deep basic similarities and differences between Shiite Muslims and Sunni Muslims.
Today's post continues with highlights of my "finds" on conflicts that have evolved during the past couple of weeks. I started (and found several stories) at the MyWay.com portal, one of my favorite sites for several years. It, like Yahoo! has wonderful capacity for personalization.
  • Chaos seems to be done in Gaza following Israeli pullout from settlements - Chaos was associated with celebration.
  • U.N. vs. Poverty: Seeking a Focus, Quarreling Over the Vision - And yesterday President addressed the United Nations with a critique.
  • Britain rules that the Northern Ireland truce may be over - This conflict has been inpossibly intractable.

No comments: