Pages

S/SW blog philosophy -

I credit favorite writers and public opinion makers.

A lifelong Democrat, my comments on Congress, the judiciary and the presidency are regular features.

My observations and commentary are on people and events in politics that affect the USA or the rest of the world, and stand for the interests of peace, security and justice.


Thursday, September 29, 2005

Democratic party leadership?

Here is an open question . . . Who are the Democratic leaders and what are they doing to "Enhance the Blue?" I would be very interested in other opinions of Democrats about this subject.
A non-representative sample of what the world wide web has to say about each is linked to their names. Notice that the sites I have chosen as links are biased towards my own views. Searches by name inevitably provided some amazingly savage posts in opposition to these leaders. What several of these leaders have in common is their ability to be lightning rods for hatred by those wanting to "Enhance the Red." I was reminded once again that our beloved nation is extremely polarized.

Following are the leaders that are listed on the Democratic Party's website (linked above in blog title):

Here are people I would add to the list:

My questions are these: Is this a good list of leaders? Who should be added or removed? Why is any one of these leaders entitled to be seen as a leader? What are the significant contributions of your favorites; why would your list include them?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Al Gore has been lurking in the wings for awhile and, I suspect, may start to make his presence felt in the near future. 2008 run for President? Who knows but with the right VP candidate, a big pile of money and true election reform anything is possible. Here's hoping...........EldestSon

Carol Gee said...

I did forget Al Gore, probably a Freudian slip. I agree that true election reform is one of the keys. The trick is to get the electorate to call for it. I hope they haven't given up. Yes, here's hoping. Thanks.