Pages

S/SW blog philosophy -

I credit favorite writers and public opinion makers.

A lifelong Democrat, my comments on Congress, the judiciary and the presidency are regular features.

My observations and commentary are on people and events in politics that affect the USA or the rest of the world, and stand for the interests of peace, security and justice.


Wednesday, July 06, 2005

There's hope for us all

In a previous post on 5/30/05, I talked about Democratic party relevance. And, in an effort to maintain an adequate amount of hope for the nation's future, I refer to President Bush as "our current president" to remind myself that this administration is only temporary.
A couple of Western Women are taking the lead in proactive Democratic party thinking. My most recent Common Dreams newsletter discusses the recent efforts of House California Representatives Lynn Woolsey and Barbara Lee to reinvigorate the 15-year old Congressional Progressive Caucus. The co-chairs recently hosted a meeting at which the participants envisioned the post-Bush era. Sigh . . .
At the "TPM Cafe" Coffee House group blog, Todd Gitlin posts an interesting discussion item, A notion of "Ideas" . Those who commented struggled with the question of what Democrats stand for, or should stand for.
Hard stuff, but necessary. I'll keep thinking; you do, too.

No comments: