Pages

S/SW blog philosophy -

I credit favorite writers and public opinion makers.

A lifelong Democrat, my comments on Congress, the judiciary and the presidency are regular features.

My observations and commentary are on people and events in politics that affect the USA or the rest of the world, and stand for the interests of peace, security and justice.


Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Connections Two/Too

As in yesterday's post, things just keep turning up. In another instance of social work/blog synchronicity, a link in a page I had not visited suggested more blogging tips. On April 8, 2005, Jenn Thompson authored "Best Practices: Blogging as an Effective Fundraising Strategy."
What an interesting idea this page has, suggesting that a blog might be a very effective way for a non profit organization to reach the public and to raise funds. Having worked for a non profit for twelve years prior to my retirement, I have now returned to this same agency as a volunteer. And my job involves going online to find additional funding streams. What if I blogged for them? Just a thought.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there saw you on Ro. I will check out Damian. Can yuo promote my blog to rO too! LOL

Mike Davis said...

A job that requires you to blog? Now that's interesting!