Pages

S/SW blog philosophy -

I credit favorite writers and public opinion makers.

A lifelong Democrat, my comments on Congress, the judiciary and the presidency are regular features.

My observations and commentary are on people and events in politics that affect the USA or the rest of the world, and stand for the interests of peace, security and justice.


Tuesday, March 29, 2005

The Launch

During my usual C-SPAN look-in today, I got the fine privilege of seeing a rebroadcast of a panel on blogging featuring David Weinberger from Harvard. His presentation on knowledge progression and authority was just great and gave me new insight on why reading blogs is such fun. One of his points was about respect in this wide world of the Web writer. I have found that to be generally true. Steve Clemons' "Washington Note" blog adheres to that standard for the most part, through his modeling of respectful disagreement.
Because my right wrist is a bit sprained this post is necessarily short, but the boat is now away from the shore. Paddle on for today, web surfers . . . more tomorrow!

No comments: