Pages

S/SW blog philosophy -

I credit favorite writers and public opinion makers.

A lifelong Democrat, my comments on Congress, the judiciary and the presidency are regular features.

My observations and commentary are on people and events in politics that affect the USA or the rest of the world, and stand for the interests of peace, security and justice.


Tuesday, November 01, 2011

I long for peace

National security has long been a subject of my blogging.  One of my best resources has been a Homeland Security newsletter I receive, published by Congressional Quarterly.  It is called Behind the Lines.  It's wonderful author is David C. Morrison.  I quote from his most recent piece: 
The decade-long splurge on intelligence spending in the United States appears to have hit its high-water mark, with $54.6 billion expended on non-Pentagon spy agencies and programs in fiscal 2011, The Washington Post’s Greg Miller blogs.
From this information one would surmise that we are less and less secure, necessitating bigger spending.  That is not the case any more.  We are more secure, less threatened.  And we should be able to move out of this "all war on terror/all over the world" mentality.


I long for peace.


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: