Pages

S/SW blog philosophy -

I credit favorite writers and public opinion makers.

A lifelong Democrat, my comments on Congress, the judiciary and the presidency are regular features.

My observations and commentary are on people and events in politics that affect the USA or the rest of the world, and stand for the interests of peace, security and justice.


Sunday, December 26, 2010

If only . . . some things could have been done differently: Deepwater Horizon’s Final Hours - NYTimes.com

From watching hours of U.C. Coast Guard or the Presidential Investigative commission hearings following the Gulf's Deepwater Horizon oil rig blowout, we learned something about the companies involved, the people affected and the causes. But it was hard to get my arms around the story.

Not any more. I highly recommend this very fine investigative piece done by NYT's David Barstow, David Rhode and Stephanie Saul. It illuminates so much of what was never clear to me. Read the riveting piece for more of the real meaning of the tragic event.


No comments: