Pages

S/SW blog philosophy -

I credit favorite writers and public opinion makers.

A lifelong Democrat, my comments on Congress, the judiciary and the presidency are regular features.

My observations and commentary are on people and events in politics that affect the USA or the rest of the world, and stand for the interests of peace, security and justice.


Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Image via CrunchBaseMy old favorite feed reader, Bloglines, is going
away as of October 1. Its parent company, Ask.com, has decided that
feed readers/aggregators must be a thing of the past. They have decided
that social media is the way to go, whatever that means.

So now all my feeds have been migrated to Google Reader. The only thing
I have left to do is to save (via Emails to myself) a good number of
special stories or post that I had stored in Bloglines since 2008. Hope
I have the time to do this, as I would hate to lose those "keepsakes"
or favorites from long ago, and sometimes far away.

Wish me luck.

[post date - 9/15/10] Technorati tags: blogging

My Other Blogs: Check out my Amplify blog for synopses of current news
stories. My news and political blog is South by Southwest. Follow me at
Twitter. And Carol Gee - Online Universe is the home page for all my
websites.
Related articles by ZemantaBloglines Shuts Down: Export RSS
Subscriptions (quickonlinetips.com) Goodbye Bloglines
(archidose.blogspot.com) Is RSS Dead?: Bloglines to Close on October 1
(blogher.com) Bloglines Will Shut Down October 1 (mashable.com) Ask.com
To Shut Down Bloglines (news.slashdot.org) Ask.com kills Bloglines
(go.theregister.com) End Of An Era As IAC Pulls The Pin On Bloglines
(inquisitr.com) Bloglines to Be Discontinued
(googlesystem.blogspot.com)

No comments: