Pages

S/SW blog philosophy -

I credit favorite writers and public opinion makers.

A lifelong Democrat, my comments on Congress, the judiciary and the presidency are regular features.

My observations and commentary are on people and events in politics that affect the USA or the rest of the world, and stand for the interests of peace, security and justice.


Tuesday, December 04, 2007

It did not take very long


My previous post discussed how peers sometimes punish each other in political circles.

Politico.com just broke the news that GOP sources have confirmed that Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison has dropped out of the race for the number 3 leadership position in the Senate.

View my current slide show about the Bush years, "Millennium," at the bottom of this column.
My “creativity and dreaming” post today at Making Good Mondays is about handling holiday stressors.
Technorati tags:

2 comments:

The Future Was Yesterday said...

Punishing rivals, or as I've always called it, getting even, is as old as politics itself. That doesn't make it right, just a fact. In all my years of political involvement, I always followed one rule. Don't get mad, get even.

Carol Gee said...

I can imagine that you were a formidable opponent, Future. Did you serve in office, were you a precinct leader, or did you work on voter registration? Or something else?

Thanks for your comment, as always.