Pages

S/SW blog philosophy -

I credit favorite writers and public opinion makers.

A lifelong Democrat, my comments on Congress, the judiciary and the presidency are regular features.

My observations and commentary are on people and events in politics that affect the USA or the rest of the world, and stand for the interests of peace, security and justice.


Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Treasures

(Image: http://www.freeimages.co.uk/)

Thousands of us are members of blog "communities." We enjoy the group experience, sometimes for a little while, sometimes for long periods. We treasure, I think, those associations. We join together because we like to belong, to participate, to contribute, to add to the group's efforts to make a difference.

Recently I was invited to join a group of "Co-bloggers" at The Reaction - by Michael J.W. Stickings. Occasionally I post a single piece there. Most of the time I "cross-post" what I have written for South by Southwest.

I have had a bit of a challenge to adapt to a format that is unique to Michael's publishing style. For example, he prefers to bold our blog titles; I started out by italicizing publication titles. His way is probably the correct convention. My posts are probably a bit wordy for what is generally the norm for the other co-bloggers. But Michael does not complain, he only instructs and encourages.

Head Honchos - In addition to our blog editor, Michael J.W. Stickings, (a Canadian government policy advisor), and Creature (the assistant editor; he's from New York), let me introduce you to the other "Reactors:"
  • Capt. Fogg - sails out of Florida, wears a slicker.

  • Edward Copeland - media buff in communications, he looks like a Welsh Corgi, for some reason. I have a Corgi, too!

  • Grace - Canadian. She, as I did, loved the movie "Dr. Strangelove."

  • J. Kingston Pierce - Seattle crime-fiction writer who looks like a typewriter.

  • James Stickings - U.K. (probably related to the boss).

  • Jeffaclitus - educator, International Man of Mystery (looks like one) - U.S.

  • Libby Spencer - Maine; political, 3 blogs, one re War on Drugs.

  • The (liberal)Girl Next Door - Seattle activist, writer & "political junkie."

  • Mustang Bobby - (Cramer) works in education, prolific blogger. Lives in Miami, Florida.

  • Vivek Krishnamurthy - blogger who works in Canadian gov't, wine and cheese authority, classical music buff, studied law.
The best way to get to know this group is through their posts. On June 17, Capt. Fogg had "A sinking feeling;" and currently three of us are "all over" the war in Iraq.

  1. "Painless, endless war," by Creature

  2. "Another year without success in Iraq," by Carol Gee

  3. "Surge sinks into the quagmire," by Libby Spencer

Technorati tags:

No comments: