Pages

S/SW blog philosophy -

I credit favorite writers and public opinion makers.

A lifelong Democrat, my comments on Congress, the judiciary and the presidency are regular features.

My observations and commentary are on people and events in politics that affect the USA or the rest of the world, and stand for the interests of peace, security and justice.


Thursday, May 10, 2007

Politics of civility

Contrast politicians with short fuses with those who are civil and respectful.
Actually I love to watch both at work. There is an art to skewering one's opponent with an elegant turn of phrase. And a righteous outburst is sometimes a thing of beauty, too. What I am not so impressed is a purposeful temper tantrum. It is inauthentic. Of course, who ever promised politicians would be authentic? But it would be nice occasionally.

Technorati tags:

No comments: