Pages

S/SW blog philosophy -

I credit favorite writers and public opinion makers.

A lifelong Democrat, my comments on Congress, the judiciary and the presidency are regular features.

My observations and commentary are on people and events in politics that affect the USA or the rest of the world, and stand for the interests of peace, security and justice.


Saturday, December 23, 2006

Celebrate

Celebrating a holiday season has very different meaning for people all around the world. "The holidays" are very different for people all around the world. They come at different times and in different ways, but for all they are a kind of necessity of the spirit.

The event I will celebrate, as do other Christians, is Christmas. This same season Jews celebrate Hannukah. African Americans might celebrate Kwaanza. But there are also many ways that these groups celebrate (and also do not observe the holidays) across the arbitrary lines I drew above.

So whatever this holiday season means to you, I hope you will be able to get from it what you need and want. For those who experience depression at this season, my wish is that you find peaceful moments during tough times. For those of you who experience anxiety, my wish for you is that you find confidence as you complete something that makes you nervous. For those of you who experience renewal of your faith, may you find inspiration to serve others through your faith. For those of you who experience loneliness at this season, may you find others who were lonely, too, until you came along to share time with them. For those of you who experience joy at thie time, may you spead it to others who are not as lucky, without coming across as sanctimonious.

For me the holidays carry a little bit of all these experiences, if I am honest about it. And they may for you, too. But, whatever your experiences are, my wish for each of my readers is simply this - Happy holidays. May your spirit be blessed, and may those around you share good times. Best regards, though I can't see you. I enjoy knowing that the blogosphere, also, can celebrate the way the world gets smaller because we encounter each others' thoughts and experiences.

No comments: