Pages

S/SW blog philosophy -

I credit favorite writers and public opinion makers.

A lifelong Democrat, my comments on Congress, the judiciary and the presidency are regular features.

My observations and commentary are on people and events in politics that affect the USA or the rest of the world, and stand for the interests of peace, security and justice.


Saturday, August 19, 2006

Journalists, Scholars & Lawyers vs. OCP


ush Stands By Wiretap Program
'Strongly Disagrees' With Judge's Ruling Against Warrantless Wiretaps"


He would, of course! So why are we not surprised by the reaction of OCP (OurCurrentPresident) ? His quote,

"I would say that those who herald this decision simply do not understand the
nature of the world in which we live. I strongly disagree with this decision."
Judge Anna Diggs Taylor, in Detroit made this historic ruling. This CBS News story tells it all.

We have no idea about what will eventually come of this. Will journalists, scholars and lawyers prevail over an imperial president?
Here is my speculation. I do not believe the government's appeal will go all the way to the Supreme Court, which I believe would go against the administration.
Senator Spector's bill - to allow a FISA court to pass (affirmativelyI am almost sure) on the constitutionality of the NSA domestic surveillance program - will be passed by Congress and signed by the president.
Case closed. Thus the program will continue, almost unchanged. It will still be warrentless, and merely sanctioned by some court.

Please let us know what you think with comments.
Tags:

My "creative post" today at Southwest Blogger is about ANIMALS.

No comments: