Pages

S/SW blog philosophy -

I credit favorite writers and public opinion makers.

A lifelong Democrat, my comments on Congress, the judiciary and the presidency are regular features.

My observations and commentary are on people and events in politics that affect the USA or the rest of the world, and stand for the interests of peace, security and justice.


Sunday, July 02, 2006

Call the police

Help! Help!
I want someone to call the police because my peace has been disturbed. As my regular readers can deduce, I am "on my high horse" again - my grandmother's phrase - reporting on what we are finding out may be the real story about the run-up to the war in Iraq.
TV or not TV? Watching television rather extensively these past few days has elevated my blood pressure. Having my peace disturbed is not good for my health, but trying to breathe with my head stuck in the sand is also unhealthy.
What to do, what to do? It has been just too hard for me, the news junkie, to go news-less cold turkey. There is a big part of me that feels compelled to know what is happening in my country. My well-being seems to depend on being tuned in to public affairs news. But could my well-being also depend on tuning out?

No comments: